Wine Tasting: 19 Crimes Snoop Dog Cali Red

 


Name: 19 Crimes Snoop Dog Cali Blend

Variety: 65% Petite Sirah, 30% Zinfandel, 5% Merlot

Region: Lodi, California

Country: USA

Year: 2020

Price: $15


Winery Review: 19 Crimes is defiant by nature, bold in character, and always uncompromising. We are proud to partner with entertainment icon, Snoop Dogg, who embodies all these qualities, and more, through hard work and perseverance.

 

Wine Folly: Being characterized with a dark color noted in wine folly was the first thing that I saw as well. I also noted that it makes sense that this is called the "cali blend" because almost all petit sirah and zinfandel- which are largely California grapes. I could really tastes the Zinfnadel in the wine after I read what it's flavor notes our in wine folly- the sweetness of the zinfandel layers very nicely over the harsher petite sirah.


My Review: Just from the first smell this wine surprised me. The smell was surprisingly fruity and sweet. It tastes as it smells- surprisingly fruity with sweet cherry flavor yet the aftertaste still has the tannins to dry out your mouth. This is my first time having a Petite Sirah heavy blend- and I am quite surprised- definitely will look out for more of that variety.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting: Loosen Bros--Rieslings

Wine Tasting: 19 Crimes The Banished

Tasting: Olney Winery Wild berry Blast