Wine Tasting: 19 Crimes The Banished



 Name: 19 Crimes The Banished

Variety: Blended Wine

Region: South Eastern Australia

Country: Australia

Year: 2018

Price: $20


Winery Review: Full and round on the palate with a distinct sweetness making the wine rich and mouth coating. The dark chocolate and vanilla aromatics compliment subtle flavors of cloves and cinnamon spice.


Wine Folly: This is a blended wine--I can't seem to find the exact grapes that make up this blend, but since it is an Australian red blend, I would take a guess that is a majority Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon since those are the primary grapes grown in southern Australia. I also would take a guess that it is majority shiraz/cabernet sauvignon because of the taste. Wine Folly notes shiraz as having rich dark flavors- like blackberry sauce and fruit cake...this is something I could definitely taste.


My Review: I think that majority of why these wines have become so popular is because of the marketing and bottles. Each of the 19 crimes bottles tells a different kind of story, and I have noticed that among my cohort, a lot of people will try and buy all the different bottles to put out on display after they have been consumed. In my opinion, this really isn't my style, The dark tannin flavor lacks the fruity sweetness that I typically like with my wines. I think that the fact that I drank this without the aid of cheese or food hurt this wine. It's strong flavors would be more palpable with cheese to knock off the richness. I wish the website would list what makes up the blend because I would be curious to see how accurate I was with my guess.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting: Loosen Bros--Rieslings

Tasting: Olney Winery Wild berry Blast