My Personal Experience with Wine

     My journey with wine starts like how I feel most peoples journey starts- with my parents. My Mom and Dad are not really drinkers but on the occasion they do have a drink, it is almost exclusively wine with dinner. While I can't exactly pinpoint the first time I tried wine, I'm pretty sure it was a sip from my parents glass at the dinner table. Since my parents prefer red wine over white, that was my first experience. I remember it being bitter and making my mouth and face pucker since I wasn't used to the taste or the alcohol.

       Now that I am of the legal age to drink and can buy my own alcohol, I have tried some wine. That ranges from the cheapest boxed wine you can get in 7-11, to ordering the most expensive bottle at dinner in my last night in Prague. So far in my journey of wine, I have determined that I like the actual taste of white wine better than red wine, but appreciate the flavor of red wine at dinner more than white...if that makes any sense. As I have gotten older, my drinking habits have changed a lot too--when I was younger, the purpose to drinking was to get drunk, and now I like to think that I can appreciate wine more for its flavor and not just its alcohol content.

    I am most excited to be able to flex my wine knowledge on all people who have not taken a wine class. In all honestly, it really is very practical knowledge to have as you can bring in your knowledge at any formal dinner setting. I am looking forward to learning about where different wines come from. Since I am planning a 3.5 week trip in Portugal, Spain, France, and Italy, I really want to be able to tell what a good wine is since I know that these regions produce some of the best wines in the world. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting: Loosen Bros--Rieslings

Wine Tasting: Josh Cellars- Sauvignon Blanc