Tasting: Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon

 


Name: Robert Mondavi

Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon

Region: Acampo, California

Country: USA

Year: 2019

Price: $11


Winery Review: Our Cabernet Sauvignon is crafted with fruit from California’s cool-climate Central Coast vineyards, where slow ripening encourages complexity and depth of flavor. Blended with a touch of Syrah, Carignan, Malbec, Petite Sirah and Petit Verdot, this wine shows decadent aromas of black cherry, blackberry, vanilla, toasty oak and coffee. Ripe and elegant, with soft red and black fruit flavors and gentle tannins, this wine was aged in a combination of American and French oak.


Wine Folly:

Page 89: "One of Napa Valley's most notable features is volcanic soils, which give its wines a distinct dusty and minerally character" I can definitely taste this coming from this wine. It also mentioned tasting like Blackberry and "black current"--I can relate to this. It also mentioned Tobacco, which I can oddly taste as well.


My Review: Unlike a lot of other red wines that I have had in the past, this wine has a very fruity taste while still maintaining its rich dusty flavor. I ended up liking this more than I typically do with red wines- and it would really be better if I paired it with some salty/peppery food. Since this is still the start of my wine journey, I can't really say much else about it other than it tastes like a overall basic red wine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting: Loosen Bros--Rieslings

Wine Tasting: 19 Crimes The Banished

Tasting: Olney Winery Wild berry Blast