Tasting: Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc

 


Name: Nobilo

Variety: Sauvignon Blanc

Region: Marlborough

Country: New Zealand

Year: 2020

Price: $13


Winery Review: "Fresh, crisp and clean with zesty flavors of ripe tropical fruits, especially passionfruit and pineapple with subtle hints of green herbs. The wine is intensely flavored with balanced mouthwatering acidity and a generous finish."


Wine Folly: Wine folly says that Sauvignon Blanc is a uniquely flavored, herbaceous white wine. It notes high acidity levels, with moderate alcohol and body levels. The sweet level that wine folly listed in the graphic is lower than I would put it, I would be curious to see what the high level sweet wines taste like. It also notes that it would go well with Asian food, and I never really thought about Asian food but I could see how sweeter Asian food could pair with this. It is also to note that the wine I picked out is from the Marlborough region of New Zealand, where Sauvignon Blanc is the most exported grape.


My Review: I overall like this wine. As a novice wine drinker, when I think of what white wine tastes like, it is this. Overall I taste very fruity, light, with a little citrus type of wine. It smells a little bit like fresh grass with whiffs of floral undertones. It leaves almost no residue on the inside of mouth unlike the previous red wine I had, which is nice. While it is a good wine, I for some reason feel like it wouldn't be the best wine to pair with foods- I think I would like it more just by its self.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting: Loosen Bros--Rieslings

My Personal Experience with Wine

Wine Tasting: Josh Cellars- Sauvignon Blanc