Wine Tasting: Josh Cellars- Sauvignon Blanc

 



Name: Josh Cellars

Variety: Sauvignon Blanc

Region: Hopland California

Country: USA

Year: 2020

Price: $13


Winery Review: "sunshine in a glass" "Aromatic and bright with a crisp, clean finish, this wine features flavors of lemon and kiwi with scents of green apple"


Wine Folly: It describes this wine as having strong herbaceous flavors. With this wine- i totally agree. It always shocks me to see "herb" as a flavor to describe wine, but it really does! It notes that this variety has a very high acidity. With the wine I have- I feel like it doesn't have as much acid as higher quality competitors--the sweetness is overpowering. It notes that when sauvignon blanc is grown in California, they have lemongrass flavors- which I can taste on this wine.


My Review: After having a string of bold and tannic red wines- it is nice to switch it up with a light and sweet white wine. The smell is very clean with citrus scents and is very light on the nose. This feels like an acidic wine that is able to express certain fruity flavors- specifically lemon and apricot flavors. However, the sweetness of the wine is more prominent than the actual fruit flavors. when I compare this to the previous sauvignon blanc I did- I feel this is sweeter and less quality (this is also from the USA while the other was from New Zealand) Overall, I think clean/fresh is a great way to describe this wine.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting: Loosen Bros--Rieslings

My Personal Experience with Wine