Wine Tasting: Kendall Jackson Vintners Reserve Chardonnay

 


Name: Kendall Jackson

Variety: Chardonnay

Region: Santa Rosa, California

Country: USA

Year: 2020

Price: $8 (small bottle)


Winery Review: "fruit forward, divinely complex, approachable and exceptionally food-friendly"


Wine Folly: This variety is notably one of the worlds most popular grapes and is noted to have creamy rich flavors. As such, this wine is typically paired with creamy, buttery foods- particularly lobster. It writes that varieties from the santa barbara region (like my bottle) often are sweet and have ripe apple/tropical fruit flavors.


My Review: The second I smelled this wine I knew it was going to be like no other white wine I had tasted. It was distinctly unique with a bold, deep but fruity smell, this was a surprise as most white wines I have smelled have light fruity sweet smells. the taste follows the smell. It was like no other white wine I have had- more flavor and richness than I have experienced. Upon further research I noted that this was one of the best selling wines in America. I think that since this was a smaller bottle of wine, I was able to buy higher quality wine. And also in general, I have pretty much always had low quality wines that are very easy to drink a lot of...this is the first white wine that I can actually imagine pairing food with. My eyes are open to higher quality white wines now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting: Loosen Bros--Rieslings

Wine Tasting: 19 Crimes The Banished

Tasting: Olney Winery Wild berry Blast