Barefoot- Pinot Grigio

 


Name: Barefoot

Variety: Pinot Grigio

Region: Central Valley California

Country: USA

Year: 2020

Price: $8


Winery Review: "Crisp and refreshing wine with bright aromas and flavors of citrus and green apple. Hints of jasmine complement a bright delicate flavorful finish"


Wine Folly: It notes that pinot gris can range from dry to plain sweet, as expected, this is the ladder. It doesnt really say much about it other than that it is a basic light white grape--it typically pairs with white meats, seafood, and fruity flavors.


My Review:

I knew what I was getting when buying this wine. I have had it a million times- it is the most basic white wine in my eyes and has a mild flavor. To me, this wine can almost seem water downed. The fruityness is very strong and I definitely pick up on citrus flavors as well as apple/pear. I couldnt really imagine pairing this specific wine with white meats/seafoods just because it is so sugary, but I would be interested to see how a better pinot gris would stack up against seafood.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting: Loosen Bros--Rieslings

Wine Tasting: 19 Crimes The Banished

Tasting: Olney Winery Wild berry Blast