Wine Tasting: La Crema Pinot Noir

 


Name: La Crema

Variety: Pinot Noir

Region: Santa Rosa, California

Country: USA

Year: 2019

Price: $25


Winery Review: "Aromas of BLACKBERRY, cherry, leather, and tobacco with ­flavors of red cherry, raspberry, and boysenberry. Subtle hints of espresso and cocoa nib underpin notes of EXOTIC SPICE and toast. The fine tannins are BALANCED acidity drive a long finish."


Wine Folly: It characterizes the wine as having a long smooth soft tannin finish (I couldn't agree more). California Pinot Noirs are noted to have sweeter fruiter tastes as a result of consistent fog layer that covers the pacific coast, which allows the temperatures to stay suitable for this grape.


My Review: Interestingly enough I purchased this wine without knowing that Professor Boyer recommends this wine in his textbook, I can see why! The wine is so silky smooth in the mouth, I could tell it is high quality! The fruit flavors hit you right in the beginning- I taste strong cherry flavor with maybe the tobacco/leather flavors more in the middle and the end. In professor boyers book, he keeps bringing up the word "delicate", I feel like that is the perfect word. The tannins are there, but not too strong, its sweet, but not too sweet, it really feels delicate on the mouth! Pinot noir is starting to become my favorite variety.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting: Loosen Bros--Rieslings

Wine Tasting: 19 Crimes The Banished

Tasting: Olney Winery Wild berry Blast